View Single Post
Old 29 May 2013, 08:42 (Ref:3254887)   #3
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
darcym makes a good point and asks fair questions. I can't remember so much here, but the other site I go on, they went nuts over Grosjean last year, whereas I didn't think he was even the worst crasher I had seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcym View Post
two questions really.

Why does Romain seem to get such a hard time for these crashes compared to Sato/Kobayashi who both (lesser Kobayashi) seemed to cause a lot of incidents/wreckless driving.
People are very sensitive nowdays? People like complaining?

Quote:
Secondly - how to combat this,
The nature of the race has to change. People seem to accept that racing is about being flat out all the way. It isn't. It's a long drawn out drag, like a time trial. If you take out the thinking that qualifying intensity is needed for the whole race, you take out the desperation. You allow competitors the opportunity to be "sensible" when attempting to overtake or defend.

Quote:
yes there will always be accidents/incidents, but certain drivers throughout the seasons have been notorious for crashing and causing incidents, but Romain as far as I can recall is the first one to receive a ban for it or receive such harsh comments for a long time.
Do you remember Hakkinen missing the 94 Hungarian GP for cause the mess at the start of the German GP?