View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3290807)   #118
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
I've not been to Houston but I've known people who live there... verrrrrry hot and humid in August is what I hear.
I know Dallas and Houston are separated by roughly 240 miles but does anyone remember the 1984 Dallas Grand Prix? It was held on July 8, in temperatures over 100 °(38 °C) with the track breaking up and Nigel Mansell collapsing after pushing his Lotus over the start/finish line because he ran out of fuel.

Houston in August will be much worse.

The US Grand Prix is held in November, precisely because of the heat in summer. It does beggar belief, where people get some of their ideas from in IndyCar.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 16 Aug 2013 at 21:26.