View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3349740)   #75
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamness View Post
I was at that Thruxton meeting when Vince raced the Mustang. Can't remember the exact meeting but have a feeling it was a non-championship saloon race at the City Formula 3 meeting at the very back end of 83. Sure someone will elaborate.
That's right, I forgot that, thanks Hamness.

I was going to go with my Dad but we didn't go in the end and I think it wasn't until 1984 sometime when I saw the programme that I noticed it on the entry for that City sponsored special saloon race.

Ok Bob so therefore the car must have been sold very late in the year or even early in 1984? Come to think of it, didn't the CC BMW GB deal come together pretty late as well?

I'm wondering how seriously Vince and CC were hoping the MSA were going to change to up the big class capacity in the BSCC to allow them to run, or whether the BMW deal was the reason for cancelling the project?