View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2014, 10:02 (Ref:3365212)   #75
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
If you have the pace and money, then I don't see the problem in missing out steps on the ladder; however, the problem arises from drivers that have the money, but not necessarily the pace following suit.
Exactly.

And how do we know they have the pace unless they race in the junior formulae?

It's not good enough just to set lap records in testing, we all know the tricks teams play when there's no scrutineers around. It boosts the driver's ego, his Dad's or backer's ego and gets good column inches in the press.

What I want to see is the best racing the best at EVERY level. Currently we don't have that. It diminishes the sport at a time when we should be building up the grass roots not allowing moneyed individuals to undermine it just because they can.

It's a failure of vision and leadership from the top. It's all very well Gerhard Berger setting up Formula 4 international but all his efforts are in vain if people can just park their go-kart, get Daddy to write a cheque and enter International F3.

I don't understand why some people can't see that? If these kids are so good they'll breeze the lower formulae won't they? If they end up being in F1 at 20 instead of 19 the only people who care are their personal investors who shouldn't be allowed to run the sport by proxy.