Thread: V8ST - 2014/15
View Single Post
Old 13 May 2014, 00:05 (Ref:3405665)   #25
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
From the sounds of this below, not only have they been deleting comments but also publically dissing their "fans'.

As this gets stirred up even further in social media, this is an extract from a reply on facebook relating to this all. I don't know the guy who posted this, and not a name I have heard of linked to either V8ST or NZV8's, but obviously a motorsport fan...

Next we had the new Series appearing at the worst track in the North Island for Spectating.. and more than once... and of course, like me, people stayed away after the first dismal meeting, in their hundreds and thousands... You had a Race meeting where most of the RACing could not be seen, you had a race Meeting with very little in the way of support racing, and the coup de grace for spectators...? WATCHING other people milling about on the GRID, in amongst the cars and Teams, I dunno, making out they were more important than the hundred or so poor sods that were in the stands and around the track, WAITING for something to happen in the way of car racing... TV seems to demand far too much in the way of setting Race times and poor old long suffering joe in the Stands just waits and waits and kicks his heals and shouts at the kids who have had more than enough.... All this 'Elite' crap just does not work in little old N Zed. at a 'home' track. Bring out the Mighty engined rip roaring tyre burning Mustangs and Comaros etc, that breath smoke, fire and brimstone, and have voices to frighten even Beelzebub away and you can see the spectator mood change......

A final straw for me.? After voicing some of my opinions, and you KNOW that I am polite, and fair, and balanced, even if you think me wrong, on a facebook page that had something to do with the V8ST, I get a personal attack on me, a banning of further comment from me, an Ernest and insistent desire that I NOT spend my $40.00 at the next Pukekohe Meeting because they really didnt want or need people with opinions different to theirs. I was so taken aback, and so shocked, that I kept that Facebook post so that I could read it a few more times, so that I could convince myself that it was not a dream or a nightmare put out by some anti V8ST club.. I still have it too.. word for word. It told ME that I was not welcome at a V8ST meeting and they didnt NEED my money.... "

Sorry V8ST but very very unprofessional
turns away a paying fan.. yet gives away a ton of free tickets so the stands don't look empty? :/