View Single Post
Old 14 May 2014, 18:45 (Ref:3406332)   #9
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljay View Post
Agreed it is challenging but with the 30 min start procedure for each of the Blancpain races then it's quite likely that there will be opportunity for a sit down or a toilet break before green flag. If the event is well attended by marshals then there maybe the option to stand down for a while during the day too?
In reality though, in those 30 minutes the pitlane is open for 15 so there will have to be flag cover, an observer and a couple of incident marshals available. There's only 10 minutes from the pit lane closing until the green flag lap. Whatever, I've met damn few marshals in my time that would voluntarily take a standown when there are cars on track.

Challenging was the race meeting I did last weekend. On post at 7am, off post at 5 past midnight with a 7am start the following day. Blancpain will be a doodle in comparison.

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 14 May 2014 at 18:47. Reason: to add the word voluntarily