View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2014, 22:31 (Ref:3446092)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
No, what I meant is that they don't use that loop of the original course that goes off of the dragstrip to the left a bit, which provides that more open entry to the Turn 7 hairpin. (It would be a REALLY short lap (too short) if they omitted Turns 2-6.)

After I've gone through the print records, and if I'm still not certain about some things, I'll go find video clips to see what, if anything, actually changed in the layouts of various circuits. Fortunately, that's becoming an increasingly easy task to accomplish.
Well yes that would be a very short lap. So, the current lap distance is 2.385 miles and not 2.31 miles, which is what I got from the Sonoma website. http://www.racesonoma.com/media/news...car-event.html, 8 prargraphs down, beginning, ''With the modifications...''.

I also came across this website, http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/08/...pro-grand.html, when I was writing the intro and it said the track was 2.385 miles long but I thought they'd got it wrong, so I used the info from the Sonoma website, thinking they would have the correct distance. It can get a tad confusing.