View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 2014, 00:21 (Ref:3447510)   #21
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who's fault was it that they had to change Vettel's strategy? Why, Vettels. He got himself in traffic after another mistake.

You know even when Vettel did do that pit stop at the end to get fresh rubber, by the end of the race his lap times already dropped off to slower the Ricciardo. It was ridiculous. Vettel just doesn't seem to be able to make his tyres last. He can put in a few quick laps then that's it, they're gone.

I am curious to know if he had an issue in the race. Horner indicated that it wasn't Vettels fault, but really didn't know yet. Did they really have an issue, or was Seb seriously over 1 sec a lap slower than Ricciardo? If he didn't have that extra stop he would have been even further back - I'm sure the McLarens and Alonso would have passed him because he was down to doing I think 1m 55s before he stopped. That was Caterham/Marussia pace. A few laps later on fresh rubber he set his fastest lap, 1 52.9. Ricciardo equalled that on the final lap on tyres 17 laps old!!!

You know this sort of performance , if this was coming from a rookie, or one of the Toro Rosso drivers, they'd be out of F1 next year. Danni has outperformed Seb in every single race this year - there isn't a single race where Vettel was overall faster (regardless of how they finished). I think if 2015 is much of the same, Seb may need to look for another drive. I can't imagine Horner supporting him if he keeps this up.

As for Dani, if he kept his points from Aussie he'd only be 17 behind Hamilton now. And he's won 3 of the last 6 races. That's pretty good. Wonder if Mercedes are getting worried because RB usually do turn things around after the break and find a lot more speed. If they do that again, it's not inconceivable that Dani could catch them on points, especially with the Mercedes unreliability.