View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2014, 22:54 (Ref:3453026)   #321
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I saw parts of the broadcast this morning. The on-track action was very worthy. But it didn't seem conspicuously more thrilling than any other single seater series out there. I was completely non-plussed by them swapping cars for example. I suppose the drivers managing the charge was the most uniquely intriguing thing there was for the TV viewer.

I would expect studios to be more relaxed and easy-going than trackside presentations. But the opposite is typically the case. Whether it's Sky, ITV4 or BT Sports studio presentation is often stilted and cold whereas pitlane presentation is generally more relaxed and easy going.

Jennie Gow gushed alot. It's like being addressed by a children's TV presenter. I know her brief is to engage viewers who might not be racing fans - and I get that - but I find being talked down to as if I'm a 12 year old particularly aggravating. She should look at Nicole Briscoe on ESPN; who weds enthusiasm and maturity to deliver a comfortable presentation.

I'll be an irregular viewer as the voting stuff really winds me up but it'll be interesting to see how the series develops and the multi-chassis stuff plays out.