Thread: WEC Kolles Prototype
View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2014, 10:18 (Ref:3456837)   #162
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebeliever View Post
Having just returned from Austin where I was able to have a reasonable look over the "new" Lotus P1 and take some pics......seems to me that perhaps this is not really a clean sheet of paper new car after all?

As it bears so many similarities on the tub and suspension, layout etc, that last years P2 Lotus/Adess had?

If it is only an update adaption to P1, wondering why Kolles said it was a clean sheet of paper design? Rather than simply say it is the P2 base car, which I assume Kolles owns the IPR of, so there shouldn't be any legal issues about doing that?

But whatever it is, the AER engine seems to deliver the goods....
Well spotted. If you go back a page on the thread Sam Collins confirms it's an updated T128.

What I want to know is why did it fail a crash test pre-Spa if that was the case?