Thread: IMSA USCC in 2016 and 2017
View Single Post
Old 8 Oct 2014, 00:24 (Ref:3461980)   #116
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Me too. But it seems 'the manufacturers' don't.

I wonder what those ten manufacturers are made up of. Presumably the current chassis constructors are there, Oak, Oreca, HPD, but so will giants like Ford and Nissan.

Would be interesting to know who has what opinion on what.

Struggling to get my head around what 'manufacturer bodykit' is for Oreca or Oak, for example.

But yes, it does sound like DP Gen 5 instead of P2. Pity to lose all the lovely new coupes that are coming out next year. Good luck trying to sell those with a remaining lifespan of 2 years.
I think all the 2015 p2 coupes will still largely be legal, with perhaps some new body parts, since I think the current p1/p2 tub specs will still be in play. The big question is if any of the suspension and other components will fit under the new bodywork.