Thread: LM24 Cadillac Northstar LMP
View Single Post
Old 21 Oct 2014, 03:33 (Ref:3466983)   #78
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is so exciting, I still have questions to ask about the engine! How hard will it be to run the engine? The Audis pretty much needed a laptop and a factory technician to start; a few lucky owners now run them in historics but I guess the Audi Sport department and Brad Kettler make it user friendly to run their multiple LM winners - and that incentive certainly isn't there for Cadillac.

Oh and finally who was responsible for the engine? It seems that the peripherals were completely redone for the post-2000 engine so Nicholson McLaren, who were mentioned in the early press releases, were probably booted from the project. I also read the original engine had a 90 degree crank like the early IRL engine, which made it impossible to compete with Audi. I'm surprised TWR was involved since they were in charge of the rival Infiniti engine. Ilmor would make more sense since they were in charge of the Aurora Gen II engine before Cosworth took over for Gen III.