View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2014, 01:53 (Ref:3481294)   #12
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Coach, there are only 5+5 reserves, not 10+10... sadly

Don't believe in third Toyota for a second.

Since Pegasus and Ibanez are both committing two cars to the regional series, surely ACO isn't just gonna ditch all of them to the reserves (or out of it completely). That woul be absurd... think at the very least Pegasus gets one for their support.

Pillbeam could get entry for P2, if only for reserves, but I think the ACO would demand them to run elsewhere than just in Africa...

Dempsey's entry is technically mostly Proton so that doesn't need USCC at-large entry - and ACO is gonna give them entry regardless of what happens - so I think in addition of Krohn they'll give it to Risi if they're interested. Or some GTD team

Sofrev should get another AM entry because of that celebrity French football player... of course...

-----
Gingers: The only reason to kick out GTs completely would be if the (current limited 56 car) grid was overwhelmingly filled with LMPs, but even if for 2015 ACO said that every prototype team requesting an entry gets one I doubt the number would reach 40. Maybe if they allowed LMP3 as well it could rise a little bit, as well as over the years gradually rise certainly in LMP2, but initially there'd be no reason not to have ACO GTs there filling the leftover positions. Especially since they're not wanting to listen GTA's hopes of fielding Super GT cars at LM...

Anyway, even though I don't enjoy the LMGTE - nor it's sister GT3 - as it is today, in all of it's 'entertainment racing' glory nonsese, they do give variety in contrast to prototypes, as well make for slower traffic obstacles. And who knows maybe in 10 years time GT racing is all great again, so keeping the presence is likely beneficial

Building more garages, extending the pitlane would help a lot in any case. That would be actual circuit upgrade improvement, not pouring needless asphalt runoffs next to straights and other areas as well as constructing more hospitality zones

Last edited by Deleted; 3 Dec 2014 at 02:06.