View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2014, 09:16 (Ref:3481384)   #14
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Half-serious question - how sad would the ACO be to see GT disappear entirely? They've hardly been concentrating on it much recently other than in the form of BoP.

Le Mans has done fine without GTs in the past. In fact its last golden era didn't involve them at all.

I'd personally be very sad to see them go. It's just a thought.
I doubt it will ever get this far, but it's not hard to see why the ACO have been chasing the factory P1 teams at the expense of the other classes. That combined with GT3s never coming to LM means the GT field feels like it's stagnated over the past couple of years. It does seem like the ACO are doing just enough to keep the factory GTs placated.

Personally I've become used to seeing GTs round La Sarthe, so I wouldn't want them gone completely.