View Single Post
Old 8 Jan 2015, 16:03 (Ref:3490993)   #102
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I first read that as Proton's traditional second entry for LM, but second entry for the championship, ehh... far too many P2s sidelined

The guys sitting in the entry selection board saying "we need to have right balance between GTs and prototypes" should be fired, priority should obviously be in LMPs especially now. Even multiple entry P2s. And world championship should never pay priority to a category called "GTE-AM", same goes for their headliner event.

IMO since ACO now has adopted GTE as their own (it's pretty much been killed off elsewhere) and only have it to show against the overpowering global dominance of GT3, they feel the need to keep that baby happy by any means necessary, even if it means sacrificing their own biological LMP daughters. Old GT1 and GT2 weren't like that because they weren't entirely their own, if the Le Mans Series would have had artificial 32 car grid cap in 2008 or whenever I doubt the 50-50 split mentality would've happened back then with just as booming, if not even bigger LMP(1) market. Now they feel the need to please everyone, just as with the pro-am mentality.

I think in late years of the last decade the only thing stopping LMP Le Mans entry numbers going past 35 were the numerous auto entries from ALMS, LMS, PLM, FIA GT plus the factory cars and the mandatory French/friends-of-ACO invites.

2008 and 2011 had 33 qualified LMPs, 2009 32. They need to get to at least that but preferably past it.

Of course, starting the construction of those damn extra garages would ease things a little bit. Well I guess with potential LMP3s and stuff Test Day should be stuffed at least

Last edited by Deleted; 8 Jan 2015 at 16:14.