View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2015, 00:43 (Ref:3507525)   #60
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2016 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour: 4-7 February

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort View Post
Anything but this.

Those that are requesting this have not put enough thought into the consequences of what this will mean for the event so I will spell it out....

- Camping up top will mean that only those who are camping up there will be able to drive their cars to the top of the mountain due to parking / space capacity. Everyone else will be left to wait and pay for the bus service.

- These sites will bring out far too many of the October regulars of which the event is not about.

- More marquees and roped off areas preventing other spectators who journey up the top for just a couple of hours having somewhere to sit and actually be able to view.

It will destroy the relaxed spectator flexibility that is a major differentiator between this and the October meeting. They have ample camping they can open up down the bottom outside of hell corner which hopefully will continue. If you don't like camping there, book your sites earlier to be behind the pits.

Pretty sure the event promoters understand this so hopefully we are in safe hands. They have a track record of making the right decisions for the 12hr to date.

Couldn't agree more with you, some very valid points raised. Personally I don't think people should be able to leave marquees etc up overnight. Spectator space up the top should not be monopolized by a few who don't spare much thought for others enjoyment. I'd be all for banning marquees outright but I do realise there's not much shade up top so I can see why they'd be of benefit. Maybe they should limit the space taken up by these marquees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somatosis View Post

We left the campsite at 5.20am and missed the first 3 laps due to the traffic.

Wow. I remember leaving the campsite in 2014 45mins before the start and was up the top in ten minutes cause there wasn't much traffic. I had plenty of time to find a good spot and get settled in before the race started.

I'm quite keen to go next year after missing this year but it's stuff like this that makes me have second thoughts.