Old 24 Feb 2015, 09:31 (Ref:3508317)   #90
Finbin
Rookie

England
Ashford
Finbin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by straff99 View Post
No problem. It's tricky; we've upped the axle ratio to stop the wheel spin on gravel (450 bhp) but that's made the gearing very long for Race Retro (leave it in first or change up then straight down again?). Hence hitting the rev limiter. When we run the exhaust most people seem to prefer it and I'm deaf so I don't mind! If I put the big wing on the back I upset some folk but I can guarantee I get asked where it is when I don't. I could drive it in a straight line and set faster times but that's not the point at these demo's. We're there to put on a show for the spectators - the dyed in the wool rally fans and the car nuts, not to set fast times. Race Retro's a brilliant event and the fans are great. I suppose if we keep 90% of the visitors happy then that's as good as it gets. And thanks for the support!
My 14 year old son loved your display in the Firenza, the smoke (from tyres and engine) and the noise, he also like the noise and display put on by the Octavia. He was not alone, as myself and two other over 50 year olds friends also enjoyed it! In fact my brother, himself nearly 60, was hoping the Firenza was going to be there!
I think it is great that the noise and smell of old cars, doing what they were designed to do can still be seen by the younger generation.

As for the show in general, we have been for the past three years, I think it is getting smaller, but the quality is still good, people on all the stands are very knowledgeable and friendly.
We did go to the London Classic car show a couple of weeks ago and was very disappointed with that show, we left for home by 2 o’clock. Where as we stayed all day at RR.