Thread: IMSA Race Sebring 2015
View Single Post
Old 24 Feb 2015, 19:14 (Ref:3508513)   #5
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Every time I look at these tables I scratch my head. For the Proto class, why mandate what level of downforce the teams use, wouldn't they always just choose the best option themselves? For Daytona they were mandated to use low downforce kit, and now the high downforce has mandated for Sebring. The other area that I wonder about is the refueling restrictors. They seem to want it to take the same amount of time to refuel all cars. Which is fine if they had the same fuel tank size, but the DW gets "rewarded" for having better fuel economy by getting a smaller refueling restrictor. Also, doesn't the diesel flow slower and therefore the Mazda is being actually taking longer to fuel by using the same restrictor size? GTLM has equally puzzling refueling restrictors.
They have always tried to equalize the 'fueling time', from empty to full, between cars in class.

L.P.