Thread: IMSA USCC in 2016 and 2017
View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2015, 00:51 (Ref:3524223)   #326
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The biggest advantage I could see to that race weekend lineup, other than personal gain of better cars on track at Petit, is GT3 sprint would not add as many cars to the paddock as adding a rent-a-ride race like Lambo Trofeo (although they made a great noise at Petit last fall) or a AM GT4 race would. You have to think at least some of the top class CTSCC guys would rather run a sprint race with similar 'big' cars and leave the CTSCC to the more touring and tuner cars. Course the SC part of that would have to go but a TC and ST race wouldn't be a bad thing for smaller or newer teams. I would like there still to be an LMP3 styled 'Lites' race but at the expense of the LMPC cars leaving the main show.

They could also use the GT3 sprint series to headline a weekend at smaller tracks with CTSCC and Lites to make up for leaving them out at more space restricted venues if necessary.

The new Caddy ATS-V is a full GT3 car for 2015, or did they just send it over for testing and not request an official homologation for it yet? But I could see it stay PWC and the Camaro be their sprint car of choice with Corvette in the main show. Or the reverse but don't think you'd see official and current season chassis running in both series, maybe older spec cars if they ever get sold off before they are historics.
It's not got is homdoc yet. Similar to Nissan, they will race it and fix it before its homologated.

I'd bet there would be a number of guys who'd jump ship, or participate in addition to PWC.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”