View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2015, 11:38 (Ref:3529652)   #16
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We've got drums on the back of the wife's Focus 1.6 Zetec and there hasn't been a moment's trouble with either stopping or longevity. My MGZS 1.8 on the other hand has been through two pairs of discs and two seized calipers. Same with my Peugeot 406 estate, the discs took so little use that they rusted away quicker than the pads wore down! When I had the 405 Estate with drums once again there was no problem at all.

You malign drum brakes based on experiences with a 60 year old design LOL. Discs on the back of ordinary cars used for ordinary family life are a fashion item. I will admit that when using the ZS on a track day then discs were very good :-)