View Single Post
Old 1 May 2015, 16:03 (Ref:3532582)   #2485
Chuliandred
Rookie

Chuliandred should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Vasselon: “This Kind of Accident Shouldn’t Have Happened”

I haven't seen any footage of the accident, but is the damage on both cars really consistent with Vasselon's statement ?

Is it furthermore correct to suggest putting the blame onto Jarvis for what happened ?
In my opinion such things happen. But they shouldn't... I don't know how good they are in the WEC but don't the teams have a map with all the GPS positions of the cars on it? Can't they warn the drivers? And that stands for both Toyota and Audi. One which see that a slower car on an outlap in the rain is in front and the other which should recognize the flying Toyota closing in... For what is all the nice technological advancement good if they don't utilize it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Pace is one thing, but the accidents? McNish also binned it twice on successive seasons (2011-2012) and both to his own fault. At least Lapierre can make excuses with the weather
The difference is that Audi still won the race. So they did not only displayed the speed and reliability of the car but also how safe they are when drivers can jump out of the cars after such crashes completely undamaged (goes for Rocky as well) . Furthermore, the times have changed dramatically. The competition is much stronger and the cars are closer together and most likely reliable enough so that one or more cars of each manufacturer drives untroubled to the end. There is no more margin to allow slower drivers in these cars and still hope for a win.