View Single Post
Old 6 May 2015, 08:49 (Ref:3534659)   #2569
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
The Toyota still goes faster down the straights than the Audi. That's the only thing that matters.
where did you get that one from? i think there was no similar setup between audi and toyota to compare so far. i too believe toyota will be more competitive at le mans than they were at spa (probably something like silverstone, where they still seemed to be somewhat on pace with porsche and audi), on the other hand the audi seems incredibly quick in race trim. actually, if we look back at all the years audi have not had pole position at le mans or other races, it's surprising in how many of them they have the fastest race lap, and many times, by quite a good margin and usually, faster than their qualifying lap. looking at the ideal le mans lap times last year, audi's ideal race lap is faster even than toyota's ideal qualiyfing lap! i think they know the eyes of aco are on them more than anybody else, since they won le mans so many times so they're the favorites to get slowed down, that's why they don't make any opulent qualifying runs, but in the race, they're almost always the quickest or at least close enough to the fastest car. i'm not sure either porsche or audi have shown all they've got for le mans, i think toyota will improve, but audi and porsche might improve too.