View Single Post
Old 8 May 2015, 10:50 (Ref:3535462)   #178
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aside from TV and aesthetics, I think lighting the full circuit would also corrode some of the fundamental endurance aspect of the race. You're supposed to be racing in the dark in a 24-hour race. It's part of the test for man and machine. You need your working lights, number panels etc. Plus the ACO put so much emphasis on night running and needing your night laps.

It's also never going to be F1 standards of lighting even if they did. And even if they put a few spotlights at the chicanes - okay that's not great - but I'm not going to rip up my Le Mans ticket and throw it at the ACO. The lit sections of Le Mans still feel pretty dark at the moment.

I'm also of the view of why worry and debate something that hasn't even been mooted yet. Even if it's important to have something to complain about.