View Single Post
Old 15 May 2015, 04:04 (Ref:3537576)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
I'm not sure Ms Patricks results are all that much of an influence here - the article suggests GoDaddy are quitting Nascar completely (at least as a title sponsor) so this is probably more to do with not seeing the value in their logo pounding around half-empty venues.
Danica is pretty much guaranteed air-time as long as DW is still around (really don't know why he just doesn't propose and be done with it!) so I'm sure SHR will find another sponsor without too much trouble.
All brands and marketing properties have wearout.. the marketing mix sometimes needs to be rebalanced into other areas in order to rejuvenate the intensity.

In this case, everyone already seems to know that Ms Patrick is a 'Go Daddy Girl' so keeping the level of investment at its current level is not likely to reach a new audience.

Its also not likely that the number of fans in the stands makes a difference here... especially since mums and dads and kids arent usually the purchasers of domain names...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods