View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2015, 17:11 (Ref:3545272)   #79
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffM3 View Post
I am sure you are right Acid but one can dream?
Sure, it would be great. But the problem with dreams is that you'll wake up at one point

I'd love to see it happen but BMW really isn't a company to make rash decisions with respect to their racing.

It has been only a few weeks since they were first rumored to possibly evaluate the option and now they're already announcing what would be their biggest racing programme since entering F1 in 1999?

Does not feel like their usual style of doing things. Also, when was the last time a manufacturer actually launched a LMP works effort on location at Le Mans?

I can't remember anything like that in the past 15 years. Manufacturers usually make that part of a corporate event they can fully control. Ford at least has their presence there to work from but BMW does have nothing going on in Le Mans this year, no presence whatsoever.

Hard to imagine them announcing such a fundamental program with just a press conference and no way to do further marketing on the spot.

It's probably a privateer LMP1 project looking for some press...and good for them too