View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 2015, 19:25 (Ref:3555673)   #1025
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The basic concept of qualifying as it is, is good. Pointless changing it bar winning some short term publicity.

Basically, they are looking for cheap ways to 'jazz' up the sport without investment. I'm not sure it's that easy.

It detracts from the GP too in that it loses more of its prestige as a stand alone 'major' as implied by the term Grand Prix. If there's two races per weekend every non-winter weekend, it becomes less unique - if only in my eyes. And Eccelstone has been pushing to have the season crammed with as many races as he can.

And while I'd take all that if they went ahead with it. Reverse grids is just a bit too much of 'the circus' to inject into this sport for me to bear.