View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2015, 08:57 (Ref:3559486)   #101
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty11 View Post
I've chosen Vergne because of the Ferrari connections but Haas has said that Gutierrez is in contention. For me I would take Vergne over Gutierrez any day.
On ability it's a no-brainer to take Vergne - for sponsor fit and marketing purposes Gutierrez is probably the better bet. That may well be the harsh reality of the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Oh and I don't see Pastor moving from Lotus given Lotus current finances.
Agreed - if Lotus don't morph into Renault then Maldonado stays. That means that Palmer will need to find more cash than Grosjean brings if he wants the seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Well they also believe that Nasr is favourite to replace Bottas. Let's find out...
I could see that happening - he has experience of the Williams team from his stint as 3rd/reserve (or whatever they call it this week). He's going to be cheaper than Hulkenburg too (and that will appeal to Williams business sense!).