View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2015, 00:10 (Ref:3593538)   #56
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
C6.R was fully able to beat the 458 straight up before all this BoP nonsense started and the current C7.R is way more car than it was at the time, I don't understand why anyone would think it's a weaker than the Ferrari.
(This post is not biased towards Ferrari, as anyone with my history of rooting for Corvette in the past knows)

BUT

If the C7.R is such a beast against the 458, why does it need big air restrictor breaks, fuel restrictor breaks, bigger fuel tank, and aero bop allowances, while the 458 gets nothing (aco trim) and can still match and beat it?

As for C6.R GT2, by 2011-12 it had already started gaining relatively significant breaks, as opposed to 2010 when they actually had overweight and other stuff. They certainly had made bigger voice in front of the committees, which would only escolate further for 2012-13 and C7.R. And the alleged waiver list was quite big when it was introduced, I don't recall the number RLM said at the time but it was long. For 2009 when the ALMS GT2 hadn't quite sunken yet to the full realm of this (although the homologation of BMW M3 was the start of it) the new car was good wout of shelf without too many breaks that I know of, however they we're still allowed to run with the over 6 liter engine which aided their way.

Anyway, it's still the second best package out there. And at least they never got waivers for bigger engines, unlike Viper which was travesty. Especially considering their prebop base restrictors we're also bigger than for 5,5 liter Corvette.

At least Ferrari AND Corvette still make effort by trying. And looks like Ford too? Porsche sort of but not particularly. Aston zero...

Last edited by Deleted; 27 Nov 2015 at 00:23.