View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2016, 18:08 (Ref:3602030)   #78
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
With all this guff about the Driver's CPC, it got me thinking about my own driving licence, so had a a quick looksie at the DVLA about what I am entitled to drive. Good thing that I did, as it reminds me that in a few months' time I have to renew it when I reach 3 score and ten.

Yet even that renewal is not straight-forward and is confusing. It would seem as though if I want renew my ability to drive C1 and C1E class vehicles (upto 7.5 tonnes) you cannot do it online. I fail to see why not; surely any question that needs to be answered could be included online, and shouldn't need a piece of paper. But then the Gov dot uk website tells me that the C1 entitlement needs to be renewed annually after your 65th birthday, but mine is still current even though I am 69 and will remain so until the day before my next birthday. Talk about confusing!
If you want to keep your over 3.5 ton part of your licence , [ C classes ] , you need a renewal form from the DVLA ,& a D4 medical test form . This will require an eye test & then a medical from your doctor . [ That will probably cost £120 as it is considered private medical treatment ] Then that all has to be sent off to the DVLA .
But an ordinary licence can be renewed online .