Thread: Winter Projects
View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2016, 13:21 (Ref:3604714)   #1908
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Back on topic , I had a setback with Gilbert, not apparent until trying to drive off after the diff/gearbox/engine change. Clutch wouldn't release! After checking the hydraulics, which turned out were operating the arm OK, suspect had to be the cover or centre plate, the former used and latter new.

So, although I have taken the gearbox out from under the car before, it's a tight fit and I'm getting older, but decided it was quicker route anyway! Having eventually got the beast out, I removed the clutch and compared the cover with another used one.

Putting it all back together was a pain, eventually had to admit defeat trying to put box back in from underneath, on my own, on the floor! Resorted to half removing the engine to allow more space, and then refitted. Now back together and clutch working, thank goodness....

So, question for the day- One of the two covers in the pic is the faulty one. Which?
The one on the left.
(Or the one on the right!)