View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2016, 22:29 (Ref:3622585)   #28
fredd1
Racer

fredd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Kind of a boring race. Lot of my favorites were out of contention early. Wished pagenaud had won.

One big glaring negative: the broadcast. Being an imsa fan, I'm used to their broadcasts being used as infomercials, and that's exactly what this one felt like. It was an infomercial for the Indy 500. Every little thing that happened was tied into Indy somehow. Before they said it at the end, I thought to myself, the rest of the races befor Indy must be on nbcsn or something the way they're completely dismissing every other round. Sure enough, they said at the end that their next broadcast is Indy. Just a terrible production by abc. I look forward to nbcsn broadcasts.
The broadcast sucked absolutely. The talking heads lack of interest in proceedings just took a boring race to a lower level.

I would estimate better then 60% of the racecast had no commentary whatsoever, which did nothing to mitigate the previously mentioned disinterest. During the silent periods the ticker detailing position stops too so for long periods there're cars flashing by to fast to really take any detail.

Don't know whether that's unique to my location. All I can assume is that the silent breaks are ad breaks Stateside. If so you guys are really unlucky...

Oh and one more thing. A small event on track with a car spun and we had a lengthy yellow while the track was swept, FFS!