View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2016, 08:23 (Ref:3635348)   #147
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Initially I towed my Mini Se7en with a 2 lire Viva GT which was fine but then I used a (tuned 1300cc) Mini Traveller. Unfortunately I had to carry my spare wheels & some tools in the race car as there wasn't enough room in the traveller making the trailer load far heavier than what was towing it. I remember getting into an almighty tank slapper on the way home when the tail started wagging the dog, ending up snaking from one side of the road to the other. All I could think of was that when I finally ended up in the ditch all that weight behind was going to barrel into me, so every time it became straight I just stamped on the brakes to help lose momentum. Luckily I managed to get it slowed down enough and it straightened out without any further dramas. I made sure I loaded the race car less after that, fitted a stabiliser to the trailer and took my bloody time whenever I towed it again!