Thread: FIA GT GT4 - The future...?
View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2016, 15:47 (Ref:3636935)   #250
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
I know someone in IMSA who could tell me the consistency of Scotty A's midday bowel movement on any given day if I REALLY wanted to know.
Quote:
I said I was getting a job in the business - not explicitly with IMSA/NASCAR itself. I'm going to be working for a TEAM, not the organization.
Quote:
I will indeed tell you which team eventually - as long as I don't expressly identify MYSELF, keep clear that my opinions do not represent those of the team, and don't reveal anything they're trying to keep secret there isn't going to be an issue with IDing who I work for.
I have somewhat (sadly in a schadenfreude sort of way) enjoyed the train wreck that this thread has become, but I can’t help but to say something. Firstly, good for you to have something lined up in the motorsports industry. It is something that in hindsight I wish I had done… 30 years ago when I was at the right age to do so. But I get the impression from looking at some of your online presence (here and elsewhere) that you are relatively young and maybe haven’t had a great deal of experience out in the world of business (my apologies if I am wrong).

You have mentioned a few times that you have a job lined up with a secret team. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember it mentioned previously that it might be more like an intern and that you really don’t have much or any real prior experience. More of a “you look promising” thing from their perspective. A foot in the door for you. I am not in the racing industry, but am involved in hire/fire decisions. And my opinion is that you are handling most all of this very, very badly. A few points…

1. I assume that you are not on the payroll yet. Regardless it doesn’t matter. Even if you are, or if you have a contract or offer (verbal or written) in hand, nothing is set in stone. You could still very well screw yourself and your chances to make this work.

2. You have an expectations that you can both keep your identity a secret and also that you have your disclaimer that your opinions are your own and not those of the team. You may eventually be exposed and while you would like to think that you are keeping your work and personal opinions separate, sadly that is now how the world works. Your future employer may not care about your attempt at segregation and how consider how you act outside of work as reflecting upon them. I expect most businesses have that opinion. I becomes a problem when you rise up above the noise and as others have said... "Racing is a small world". So it may not take much effort for you to be noticed (if you haven't been already). I can say that I would not want anyone on my team having a social media (which this site is) stance like you do.

3. You may or may not know what you are talking about. But given you are hiding behind a secret identity, it also creates a situation in which you have close to zero credibility because you can’t validate your bonafides. Anyone can claim the things you are saying (even if you might actually be telling the truth). You are currently in a no-win position when trying to use your “inside” knowledge. Your forum "reputation" rating here reflects that.

4. If I was you, I would crank it down a few notches. Your priority should be on making your new job successful and not about proving you are right or “in the know” online. And you get too easily sucked into arguments. I am not sure who plays the role of “troll” in some of your flame wars. I suspect there is a bit of it on both sides. But you take the bait too easily. Someone is going to goad you into screwing up if you let them.

You may not welcome my comments, but I truly wish you the best. Sorry to everyone for the off topic post.

Richard