View Single Post
Old 7 May 2016, 11:28 (Ref:3639398)   #136
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrognome View Post
It was almost two races in one, the top drivers showing just how professional and talented they are.
Unless there was more than one occurrence of an "event" for number 11 at the chicane I watched the one you have captured there from Coppice. I didn't see what initiated it. I was quite surprised to see it heading back onto the track a couple of laps later.

To be fair, given the conditions and length of the race, I thought driving standards were quite high - at least those I saw from my location. Rather a lot of damage appeared at some point mid race but mostly it seemed to be cosmetic.

Every lap there seemed to be 3 or 4 groups of 4 or more cars exiting Coppice and rushing down to the esses side by side yet mostly they sorted themselves out and seemed to get through the braking zone and esses as a group. In the dry it's unusual for that to happen for more than a couple of laps before enthusiasm gets the better of judgement.