View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2016, 18:46 (Ref:3664957)   #28
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danathar View Post
Well, I'd imagine you would not want to go TOO far outside what is sold to consumers. I don't recall but isn't ABS and TC also banned in GTE/GTLM?

Upgrading to carbon brakes would be fine.

I think an article has been done before to compare the off the lot version of the Corvette vs the race version. But that was years ago. It would be REALLY interesting to see what the current crop of GTE/GTLM drivers could do lap time using an off the lot with all the options corvette compared to the IMSA spec version at one of the tracks they go to.
I think they are hedging the GTLM cars back too far from their street counterparts, with respect to power anyway.

For whatever it is worth, Randy Pobst did a 1:33.005 in a Z06 and a 1:33.29 in a 991 GT3 at Laguna Seca last year. Qualifying times were 1:23.39 and 1:23.96 respectively for their GTLM versions this year.