View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2016, 14:06 (Ref:3666880)   #31
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Moving to turbo is all part of euro efficiency laws where must have minimum economy across your whole range of cars manufactured, hence why Pirsche bought VW etc., and nothing to do with what they want to do m8
i really do get your point about turbos (direction driven by regulations), but in general what they want is irrelevant. It's not like they are of a single mind. For example the bean counter portion of the Porsche "brain" would be happy if they made a single widget that never changed and just raked in cash year after year while they continued to drive down production costs! And I do believe that corporations can have a bit of a soul (which is why we are fans of specific ones!), but in general what they "want", or rather must do, is to make a profit (shareholder value and all of that).

Do you think Porsche makes a bunch of SUVs because that is what they want? No, it is because they can make money at it. And nobody is forcing them to compete against Tesla (Porsche Mission E), but they feel it is important to do so. The point is that society as a whole drives the direction. Be it regulations, technical innovation, consumer tastes or where the marketplace is being pushed by competitors.

Richard