Thread: Joest LMP1 2017
View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2016, 11:36 (Ref:3688481)   #1
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Joest LMP1 2017

This looks very interesting on sportscar365

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/joest-exploring-future-lmp1-non-hybrid-option/

So Joest are looking at using the still-born 2017 Audi chassis, but with a customer gasoline engine.......so I'm thinking either AER V6 turbo, Nissan V6 turbo.......or in the normally aspirated court Judd V8 or V10, or perhaps the Gibson V8 LMP1 motors......but I'm thinking surely it would need to be some sort of V6 to actually fit, therefore only the AER or Nissan V6 units will fit?.......or perhaps use the Audi gasoline research engine that was reportedly on the test bench......but I honestly dont know if that was a 4 or a 6 pot

Seems like they have 45 members of staff to keep employed, and I know in Germany to make people redundant is a very very painful financial exercise, as Toyota found out when they tried to close TMG F1 facility in Cologne, it was actually cheaper to turn it into a consultancy, which actually worked!.......therefore going the privateer route could be an attractive route for Joest, and I'm sure the ACO will be bending over backwards to help them and keep the LMP1 numbers up, otherwise its going to be an embarrassment in 2017 with just Porsche and Toyota racing each other with just 6 cars and 1 Kolles