Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
This, from the GTE technical regs:

LOCATION, POSITION AND INCLINATION OF THE ENGINE
Position : Free.
Orientation : Free, but the engine must remain longitudinal (or transverse) if originally longitudinal (or transverse).

Definition of 'location'
Defined relative to longitudinal centreline of the car, the middle of the wheelbase on the longitudinal centreline of the car, the engine compartment, the cockpit, the luggage compartment.
A location within the engine compartment is defined relative to the crank case and the cylinder head(s).

Gearbox location:
Free design.
"Transaxle" transmission system (with torque tube between engine and gearbox) authorised.
Composite material authorised for the shaft of this "Transaxle" transmission system.
The modifications to the chassis/bodyshell authorised for installation are specified in Article 903.

I am none the wiser.

I think Racecar Engineering are doing a story on it, so that might explain all this.
Back in may, after Imola, gave a look at the race programme I got there, was intrigued by some lines from the GTE rules (attached), thought about the rumoured 2017 911 but didn't take them too much seriously, though...should be at the root of Porsche not requiring any waiver to move the engine the other side of the rear axle
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05386_1.JPG