View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2016, 12:35 (Ref:3689701)   #153
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I think Football, as in Soccer is. It is truly global sport, clubs, international teams.
I don't think you can compare soccer with F1 directly. You could perhaps compare Motorsport with soccer and then F1 with either the Eurocup or the
World Cup

But this is irrelant really, F1, like all major competitions needs participants and spectators and for the former reward must be related to effort, for the latter there must be uncertainty, interest and excitement.

Making anything commonplace reduces value and it would be interesting to really understand just why NASCAR draws crowds when it runs so many events in a restricted geographic area.

Re-jigging the finances is the biggest problem IMO. The Pitpass piece defines some payments of which most of us have no real knowledge I suspect.

The new DTM champion has highlighted a good point when he says of F1, effectively, who needs it as a driver?