View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2016, 16:53 (Ref:3691469)   #73
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
What a farce. Vettel effectively protected Rosberg from Verstappen. He screamed passed Ricciardo en Verstappen on the new supersofts, but at the tail of Rosberg he all of a sudden couldn't do anything anymore even if Hamilton was driven two seconds slower than he could (I would've done exactly the same in his situation after such a season).
Apart from his tires who had probably lost the advantage that they offered earlier, Nico was now so close to Hamilton that he had DRS too, so I think the Ferrari had no more advantage over the Mercedes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
As to why Nico didn't overtake Lewis, I think Lewis had enough pace to prevent that (or at least reduce the potential for success). He would run slower in places that would slow Nico and allow others to catch up, but were not good passing opportunities for Nico and then run quicker in areas that might be a place Nico could setup to pass.
That's exactly what Nico said in the post-race interviews: Lewis did he did perfectly: flat out in sector 1 to make sure Nico never quite got in DRS-range where it mattered and slow down in the slower parts where you couldn't overtake anyway.