View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2016, 02:29 (Ref:3692262)   #332
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Loud minority problem - like the "millions" of faulty VW DSG gearboxes Fairfax were telling us about after VW stopped advertising...
I had one.. actually 3 gearboxes.. replaced in the same car... the dealer literally had no clue as to what to do next. VW Australia was no better.

At less than 28,000km...

Being at a dealer every week for nearly 4 months just inside the warranty was exciting ... to get to drive a Polo loan car around while the car I actually bought was plugged into life giving machines that plainly didn't work wasn't my idea of fun. You can only drink so much free filter coffee in the waiting areas!

The Volksy people tell me 2 box replacements, wiring loom replacement, steering rack replacement and the gearbox mechatronics replacement 3 times is a pretty good thing to have happen. Means they are interrogating the car apparently (like Sgt Schultz might I suspect)

Bye bye Herman the German

Meantime, my Honda is nearly 6 years old, and is as good as the day it rocked out of the showroom... everything works... always has...