View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2016, 04:24 (Ref:3692275)   #334
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I had one.. actually 3 gearboxes.. replaced in the same car... the dealer literally had no clue as to what to do next. VW Australia was no better.
Obviously there were problems that once rectified no longer occurred, the recall for the mechatronic changed oil from synthetic to mineral and there were no problems after that. Doesn't help you if you did have the problem before it was found, though, and doesn't explain or excuse the other issues. This is purely the 7sp box that was beaten completely out of proportion by Fairfax. In the meantime I did 250,000km in the cars without any problems. I'm over 400,00km in my own Golfs now and over 250,000k in Europcars, all with DSG and I've never been left on the side of the road. My first was South African built, and the 2 after that were German - and I think this makes a difference. I would have also racked up a large number in similarly equipped Audis.

Meanwhile Ford now has a class action suit over their dual-clutch gearboxes... And I nearly ran someone over in an Ecosport when it lurched forward with no foot on throttle!