View Single Post
Old 12 Dec 2016, 13:40 (Ref:3695501)   #18
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Identical times in qualifying and Schumacher's disgraceful move on JV. That is where my dislike for MS went to the extreme and I won't ever forgive him for that. I recall he lost all his championship points, but did that include the money to go with it?

I was there that day. My friend Hans Van Kemenade and I walked round the circuit looking for the best viewing position. Thus, the overtaking move that JV pulled on Michael happened right in front of us. You could see it developing over the preceding laps, and I clearly recall Hans suggesting that it was likely to end in tears. As it did.

Interestingly, as I recall, JV came from a long way back and was 110% committed to the move. Michael's "defensive" move was too little, too late, with predictable results. Michael's alternative strategy was to not turn in and run off the road instead. Now where have we seen that scenario unfold recently, with completely different judgements applied.....?