View Single Post
Old 16 Dec 2016, 01:25 (Ref:3696564)   #274
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One issue to mention ... all those changes made to “improve the show” because it would be good for business ... didn’t improve the show, and thus weren’t good for business.

It seems now the management has realized it had its head up its atherton, and is now actually listening to the fans and considering giving them some of what they want.

I can see BoP in GT classes ... how else can a Ferrari race a Corvette, an Aston, and Audi, a Lamborghini, a Mercedes, and maybe even a Bentley? The way to do BoP is to have The Series test the cars twice a year, post the BoP, and leave it until the second test.

In prototypes ... maybe a factor to equalize displacement for turbo and NA engines? Not needed now, though.

I think the free lap might be hard for them to let go off ... (even though it is pretty offensive when a car which lost a bunch of laps wins) I think the mantra “close finish” is pretty deeply ingrained.

Whatever. Either by accident or through increased intellect ... IMSA has actually improved the series each of the past three years. not a lot of times a sports car fan can say that seriously.