Thread: WEC 2017 WEC Season
View Single Post
Old 6 Feb 2017, 00:51 (Ref:3710302)   #256
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
It's the FIA, and the ACO guys are buddy buddy with Jean Todt. They can do whatever they want with their own designations. Even F1 barely qualifies, since Honda only sells engines to one team. Without them, it'd be Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari and Renault, which it basically was until 2015 for a few years.
I know you're bitter over Audi leaving, yet I'm just curious. Your F1 argument falls, as each of the teams are their own constructor, i.e., "automobile makes". The sporting code doesn't talk about "engines".

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
Nowhere in the code does it say road automobile manufacturer.

Audi, Toyota, Lola, HPD, Pescarolo
Audi, Toyota, Lola, (HPD)
Audi, Toyota, Porsche, Rebellion, (Lotus)
Audi, Toyota, Porsche, Rebellion, CLM, (Nissan)
Audi, Toyota, Porsche, Rebellion, CLM
Toyota, Porsche, CLM

P1 privateers have the endurance trophy and are not eligible for the world championship. So your list becomes:
Audi, Toyota.
Audi, Toyota.
Audi, Toyota, Porsche.
Audi, Toyota, Porsche, (Nissan)
Audi, Toyota, Porsche.
Toyota, Porsche.

Furthermore, I believe your quoted 2.4.3.c doesn't apply, as the FIA World Endurance Championship (for P1) is neither a Trophy, cup, challenge nor series. There's the Privateer trophy, no cup, no challenge and the series is a multi-class, not limited to P1. IMHO none of these apply to the P1 championship.

You guys should know I'm a WEC fan. I'm just actually curious how they got it through the world council. I'm asking this question as I hope someone in, or close to being in, the know can actually answer it.

Last edited by Ephaeton; 6 Feb 2017 at 00:57.