Thread: IMSA USCC in 2016 and 2017
View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2017, 00:26 (Ref:3711598)   #5052
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
To me, this 'dpi is the answer' talk is all wishful thinking. No, they are not the answer. No one wants a semi spec class being the top class at LM. And seemingly no one is interested in the hybrid technology. I think it's because it is hard to jump in and be competitive. The same thing is happening in F1.

DPi is not a success, yet. It has one race under it's belt and that was not very good. The Caddies were like the diesel Audi's vs the rest of the alms grid. Bop is also a topic of debate and we don't know how that will factor in on future entries. I see lmp1 growing more than dpi honestly. Even if it is just private teams. Toyota, Porsche, Manor and Kolles plus one more team (a Ginetta or SMP Dallara) equals the total of current dpi's. The sky is not falling, and the silly idea that it is makes me chuckle.
I wonder how your tune would sound if Toyota fielded a DPi.

It's plain to see from anyone that the Toyota group is all you care about.