View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2017, 16:33 (Ref:3717073)   #101
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Quote of the day on BBC Sport - made me laugh if it wasn't so true

McLaren are like whenever I cook. I do everything by the book, but the house fills with smoke and it smells bad and I never know why.
That made me laugh as well. I feel bad for McLaren/Honda (especially so as a fan!)

I have been trying to read up on this subject as much as I can. A lot of speculation, but it does seem to center around the potential for a flaw in the engine (maybe related to it being used as a stressed member) that was not spotted in design or testing. Also speculation that the Honda engine is not a conservative design and some of this might be related to the aggressive nature of the design.

At the moment it doesn't sound positive for McLaren/Honda. I think there is a real potential for them to have an absolute terrible start to the season. What if they can't even qualify for the first round? Imagine the embarrassment. Maybe if they put MP4 back into the name things would go better! The ghost of Ron Dennis is haunting them and he isn't even dead yet!

Richard