Thread: Sebring
View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2017, 18:19 (Ref:3718408)   #63
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Safe travels, fergus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
A few things I think are worth doing:

Drive around the little downtown circle which is called Circle Park Drive. Not much to do here but it's a neat little downtown area to see and this is where they used to have the race car inspections in the 50's and 60's before driving the cars to the track.

Stop by Chicane's Restaurant Bar which is located at the Inn On The Lakes. The food's kind of pricey but good and if you sit by a window you'll have a good view of the lake. But mainly check out the bar area which has tons of old pictures from the races up on the walls. Plus a lot of the teams stay here so you'll always see crew guys hanging out. Like one year I sat at the bar next to Doug Fehan and noticed Franz Konrad was at the next table over.

At least one of the days drive to the track via Kenilworth Blvd./Airport Rd. so you can drive directly through the orange groves and smell the freshly blooming orange blossoms.
See? Lakes and oranges.

Orange Blossoms!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecp-nD5aXIs

That's cool info about the DT circle. Didn't realize that. And I've driven past the lake restaurant every year I've been. Maybe we'll stop this time!