Thread: IMSA USCC in 2016 and 2017
View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2017, 15:56 (Ref:3719096)   #5207
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
The tires are also not nearly as bad as you make them out to be. Being a little slower, and whatever the issues at Daytona were, do not equal a spec ECU spontaneously combusting.Chris
You make a good point about cost and advertising Chris, and certainly advertising isn't something I considered - but an ECU combusting and a tyre blowing due to design failures (which is the issues at Daytona) are actually the same thing. It's a catastrophic failure (that's the term used in engineering for that type of failure, not me dramatising), and a failure which caused considerable damage to other components. That's the equivalent of an ECU combusting. Petit was a performance failure - the tyre was still a tyre, it was just a bad tyre. Daytona was both performance and catastrophic failures. Again, that isn't me dramatising - that's the engineering terms used.

But then again, the flip side you mentioned is there isn't an ECU provider who is putting that much money into the series. So where is the tipping point.