Thread: IMSA Race 2017 12 Hours of Sebring
View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2017, 15:22 (Ref:3720201)   #471
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
All the DPis are incredibly cool and great to see in person. The Gibson motors sound terrific, the ESMs have a terrific backfire when up shifting that rattles off the Chateau and the Caddys are so much quicker and more controlled than the others out of the hairpin. They sound good too.

Throw in the GT categories and each session having little to no break between cars coming by, I'll let y'all "dicuss" BoP in every thread and a race thread. This is as good as it's been in quite sometime.
Damned optimist. leave here and go where you are welcome.

I agree that the BoP was actually Right for this race. The Cadillacs were the better cars and they showed it. And yes, the torque advantage couldn't be overcome ... but every team made its choices, and had to perfect what they chose.

Cadillac did the most testing, did the best development, and possibly picked the best of all options for power plants ... no reason to punish them.

As for the race.... I thought it was excellent. The cars look good, they sound good, they race well, and from trackside are as good as anything I have seen except maybe Sebring and Petit when Peugeot and Audi were involved.

I am sorry for everyone who didn't enjoy Sebring this your ... but I admire your work ethic. it must have taken great dedication to keep hating after 12 great hours of action.